LOVELY LINKS


Life has been hectic lately, but I'm still taking some time to enjoy the Fall weather.  Fall is my favourite season.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Summer, but there is something comforting when September rolls around and suddenly there is a touch of coolness in the air at night.  It's my favourite time to grab a cup of tea, bundle up in a heavy sweater and sit on the balcony with my iPad Mini.  I've found some neat things online, so thought I'd share some links I've been loving lately...

▲ Christine at Just Bella made these beautiful flowers...Out of coffee filters!  They are so stunning it's crazy to think they are just made from regular coffee filters.  Get the DIY here and make some of your own.

▲ Katrina at Pugly Pixel has a new e-course called PS I Love You that will teach you some Photoshop techniques to use for styling your blogs and websites.  I am totally going to sign up for this!  For $25 you get 30 day access to the e-course.  Katrina is a great teacher - her other e-course, CSS Pretty, is what I used to learn how to design this blog.  And for your $25 you get access to both PS I Love You AND CSS Pretty - An amazing deal!

▲ I've mentioned Mr. Printables before and they have these new Free Printable Optical Illusion Lunchbox Notes available.  Cute for putting in your kids' lunches for a fun, little surprise!

▲ I'm loving this blog lately - The Middle Finger Project.  This post on 17 Pieces of Unfilterd Biz Advice You Should Have Gotten a Long Time Ago is a must-read for anyone who has their own business or who is in the process of starting one.  (Via Breanna Rose on Twitter)

▲ If you love Pumpkin flavoured everything then you'll love this DIY Pumpkin Pie Lip Balm and Lip Scrub from Henry Happened.

A Photographer's Perspective on Pinterest from Jasmine Star Photography.  A bit about how Pinterest can really dampen the creative process (not help it).  (Via Nubby Twiglet)

▲ For creatives who are thinking of starting their own business - What Do You Really Want To Be Doing All Day?  A post from the Braid Creative blog about getting specific about your vision of your ideal work day.  They also have a great worksheet you can print off to help you get specific about your ideas!

8 comments:

  1. Great round up I saw the pugly pixel e-course and thought that may be something I should refresh myself on, she does an absolutely amazing job in her tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daphne! Katrina's tutorials are so great - I've pretty much learned everything I know about Photoshop from Pugly Pixel. It's been a slow learning process, as I had no experience with Photoshop, but it's getting easier. I'm looking forward to taking her e-course so I can gain even more Photoshop skills!

      Delete
  2. Totally doing Katrina's courses Sara - I draw in Photoshop but I'm self taught so could use a refresher on the basic. I love Braid a Creative too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just signed up for Katrina's PS I Love You e-course last night! Super pumped to check it out. Also, I need a refresher on CSS and blog design so I'm going to review some of the CSS Pretty e-course too. :)

      Delete
  3. I love fall too-I have so many sweaters I can't wait to wear!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's been such amazing fall weather so far - The leaves are extra pretty this year because of all the sun - so wonderful. :)

      Delete
  4. Great links! I loved Christine's flower DIY when I came across it. So clever. So pretty.
    And, you've definitely got me curious about Katrina's classes. I would love to learn more about CSS. I've always thought your blog was so nicely designed and your blog posts so pretty...I thought you were maybe a Graphic Designer by trade!! You must have a natural knack for that kind of thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks so much, Amy. :) That's such a compliment that you thought I was a designer - I'm blushing! Learning Photoshop and some basic CSS/blog design is just kind of a hobby for me. I totally recommend Katrina's classes, if you do decide to take them. Honestly, her blog has taught me so much Photoshop (pretty much all that I know) and the CSS course helped me design this blog on my own. I didn't know any HTML at all when I started, and while I'm no expert now, I definitely know more than I did before! For the price of the course you really get a lot of content - Definitely worth every penny! :)

      Delete