COLORSCHEMER

I've had my iPhone 5 for about six months now and I LOVE it!  It's so user-friendly, which is what I need in a phone, and there are tonnes of great iPhone apps to tinker with.  I wanted to share a few iPhone app reviews here on my blog.  First up is ColorSchemer - An app for iPhone or iPod Touch, which I downloaded a couple weeks ago.

ColorSchemer provides a source of color inspiration for designers, artists or for those who just like playing with color.  This app gives you access to over a million different color palettes that have been created and shared by the COLOURlovers community.  You can use a color wheel or spectrum to make your own color palettes which you can save to your phone.  You can share your palettes with the COLOURlovers community too, if you wish.  My favourite feature of this app has to be the PhotoSchemer option, which allows you to take any photo and generate a color palette based on the colors in the photo (just as I did with the image above).  You can use your own photos that you have taken with your iPhone or any other photo to create a colour palette based on the image simply by touching colored areas of the photo on screen.  The best part is that every time you create a palette, the app will give you the hexidecimal values for the colors you have generated in your palette.  Here are the hexidecimal values for the palette I created above:   



This allows you to use the palette colors in your designs!  Playing with colors and looking at the pretty palettes is really fun for anyone - you don't have to be a designer or artist to enjoy this app.  It's easy to use, and best of all, it's a free app!  Check out ColorSchemer for some fun color inspiration!     ▲

△ △ △
Photo: 101woondieeen

No comments:

Post a Comment